30 November 2011

What to do in the winter?

Piggy-backing on my last blog post, about staying focused, what should I be doing during the winter? Well, the first and obvious answer, is to go out and shoot winter scenes. Scenes like the one included with this post.

The second answer is to sit down in front of the computer and finish processing all those photos from previous shoots that are sitting on my hard drive collecting "cyber dust".

That second is a toughie. And kind of hard to explain. I don't necessarily dislike photo processing. I do get excited when it is done. But... there's always a 'but'... it is kind of tedious.

Ok, very tedious.

The corn field and barn shown here is near Palo, Iowa, and was taken last winter (I think). Too bad the barn isn't bright red. That would be a nice contrast on colors, but it's aged look is interesting in its own right.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on that- absolutely hate processing large batches of images. I am splitting it, and just do an image a day for blog, usually, it is manageable.

    ReplyDelete