23 July 2011

I am such a square!

Another shot from last week. Heading home and this white building caught my eye, so I had to do a quick stop (after a quick check to make sure nobody was behind me). This scene had several different appealing aspects, and this was just one of them.

This particular shot lended itself to the square format very nicely. We often forget about the square photo format, and that's a shame. It's an "old school" format, and it certainly doesn't work for everything, but it is very underrated. When it does work, it really helps 'finish' the composition of a photo.

I cannot say that I had a square format in mind when I shot this image. It became obvious to me when I was doing my post-processing. I'm looking at some unnecessary distracting foreground and a whole bunch of unwanted sky, and the light bulb went off. Cropped to square, and loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment