16 May 2010

Iowans are creative. Who knew?

This has got to be one of the best kept secrets in the USA today... Iowans are creative. If you recall the Iowa Moai that I reported on before, and you combine it with this barn mural, you get a sense pretty quick that Iowans are not bland and boring. Far from it.

If you're going to paint your barn, what color would you paint it? Red? White? Eh, if you want to be like everybody else. But, if you want to stand out from the crowd you go with an eye-catching American-flag-Statue-of-Liberty-holding-an-Apple mural. Works for me.

Of course, not to be outdone, another barn down the road from this one a bit has a reproduction of Grant Wood's American Gothic painted on the front. We'll see what I can do with that one in the not-too-distant future.

1 comment:

  1. Now you are being a creative Iowan taking pictures of the creative things that other creative Iowans do. LOL I still want a print of this on my wall. I ti so perfect for me!

    Missy :)

    ReplyDelete