28 March 2010

Expect the Unexpected.

Missy and I were driving down to West Branch to check out the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum, which includes his birthplace and final resting place, and out of the corner of my eye... down a lonely rural dusty road... I see this gleaming white church steeple off in the distance. Something tells me this is going to be promising, so I turn around and go take a look.

Not only was it not disappointing, it was exciting. The St. Bridget Church and Cemetery near Morse, Iowa. The church is old, but well-maintained. The adjoining cemetery was also well-maintained and had markers and tombstones going back well into the 19th century. There are old pioneer cemeteries all over Iowa, and this is yet another aspect of the mid-west that I have come to find fascinating, but I digress.

Anyway, I have three shots posted in my New Additions Gallery ( http://www.iowalandscapephotography.com/new.html ), one of which is included here. We plan to go back and take some more shots once the trees grow some leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment